Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Revolutionary Mind - Yim Yames et al - Seattle Showbox at the Market

My Revolutionary Mind - Yim Yames et al - Seattle Showbox at the Market

Great show at the Showbox tonight! Jay Farrar, Jim James, Anders Parker, Will Johnson celebrate Woody Guthrie's centennial by taking his lyrics and creating these great new songs! Night is here again, baby, I'm stretched out on my bed Seeing all kinds of crazy notions Running through my head; I need a progressive woman; I need an awfully liberal woman; Ain't no reactionary baby Can ease my revolutionary mind. One hand is on my pillow One hand is on my head, I see a million nightmares Tearing around inside my head; I need a progressive woman I need an awfully liberal woman I need a social conscious woman To ease my revolutionary mind. If I could only make you see, babe, I ache and pain and bleed, I know you'd come a runnin' If you blistered both your feet. I need a progressive woman; I need an awful liberal woman; I need an open minded mama To ease my revolutionary mind. If you could see me here, baby, Broke out with salty sweat; No matter where you go I know You never could ! forget I need a progressive woman; I need a liberal thinking woman; I need an open hearted mama To ease my revolutionary mind. I ain't no lumpen proletariat, And I ain't no petty bourgeoisie But I'm gonna be a cold corpse If you don't run here to me I need a progressive shipmate; I need a liberous nature lover, But no reactionary female Can ease my revolutionary mind. If you're a republican or a democrat, Or a white hood Ku Klux Klan, No use to ring my doorbell 'Cause I'll never be your man I want a ...





0 comments: